Putting critical information where users need it, when users need it, is crucial to the success of your business. All “documentation” can be presented online or on paper – it just depends on your needs.
However, putting your business into words takes more than good writers and subject matter experts. It takes knowing your audience, the industry's guidelines, the proven methods of data gathering, and the technical tools that can help.
|2Work! content development
The 2Work! EPSS guides users in real time, as they do their work, so they can successfully navigate even the newest, most complex, custom procedures, fields, or screens. Your users will be able to use new applications faster, training costs will be lower, and you'll have fewer user errors.
2Work! pushes information to users in real time, just in time. As the user moves through a web application (such as SAP, PeopleSoft, ADP, or even a proprietary software system), the 2Work! EPSS displays vital information in a separate browser window. Policies. Procedures. Definitions. Regulations. You need them; they're there.
View a demo of the 2Work! EPSS. This demo requires the Flash® Player (v 5+).
|custom developed documentation
We help you take advantage of the benefits of the smartest and most convenient place to keep documents such as:
- User manuals
- Technical references
- FAQs (frequently asked questions)
- Programmers' guides
- Business policies and procedures
- Operating instructions
- Business source material (such as customer lists, plant locations, acronyms, glossaries, and indexes)
- Acronyms and codes (transaction, technical, standardized such as IEEE, HCFA, NAICS)
- Glossaries and indexes
Online Documentation/Help: We'll convert your bulky paper documents into well-organized, interactive tools that can be updated across the organization quickly and easily. We'll apply our usability expertise to improve any existing online documents.
View a sample of our custom Online Documentation/Help products.
Whether your audience is highly technical, or strictly business-minded, our expert writers will adapt your material to create clear and concise manuals that convey essential information. Bianco Hopkins has produced user-friendly custom manuals for:
- Payroll processing
- Equipment maintenance systems
- Voice recognition software (software developer's tool kit)
- Travel and expense systems
- Point of sale systems
- Branch office procedures
- High-speed voice and data systems
- System administration
If you don't see your topic listed here, we'll apply our years of experience and subject matter expertise to present information in ways that users will appreciate and understand.
View a sample of our custom User Manuals.
Our willingness to go on site to installation assignments has earned us high praise from companies that require detailed subject matter expertise and in-depth coverage of complex physical procedures and processes. Our comprehensive custom hardware and installation manuals include:
- An inventory and maintenance system for one of the largest transit authorities in the nation
- A nurse call station installer's guide
- A series of stereo installation guides used in automobile showrooms
- A fountain dispenser system for one of the largest convenience store chains in the United States
- A medical gas distribution system used by one of the largest hospitals in the South
- A PBX/ACD installer guide
- A satellite communications company's satellite installation guide
View a sample of our custom Installation Manuals.
Job Aids/Quick References
Our job aids/quick references organize facts in useful ways to minimize confusion and increase worker productivity. We can create job aids/quick references in virtually any format. Some of our clients' favorites include:
- Tri-fold full color pamphlets
- Printable 8½ x 11-inch charts
- Handy postcard-sized "cheat sheets"
- Colorful posters
View a sample of our custom Job Aids/Quick References.
Business Process Flow
Your organization's processes are as distinctive as your own fingerprints. Most organizations are too busy to document the custom processes that are the very core of their success. Our documentation experts can help you capture the methods and processes unique to your organization, such as:
- Daily operations practices
- Employee guidelines
- End-to-end business workflow
- Process re-engineering
View a sample of our custom Business Process Flow documents.
Policies and Procedures
Are the policies and procedures that keep you in business documented in a format your banker, insurer, or quality registrar will understand? Our writers can compile your information for topics such as:
- Human Resources
In the third quarter of 2001, one of the largest hospital corporations in Georgia was faced with the daunting task of gathering information to meet the new HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines. The client knew HIPAA's current rules; they just needed help gathering and organizing the data.
Soon into the engagement, our Bianco Hopkins experts discovered that the client-developed survey instrument needed refinement, the database required modification, and the client's staff did not have the resources available to complete the data analysis.
In immediate response to these problems, the Bianco Hopkins team:
- Provided guidance to refine the survey instrument
- Supplied a DBA to modify the database (and create reports that did not previously exist)
- Conducted interviews
- Performed systematic and knowledgeable data analysis
View a sample of our custom Policy and Procedures documents.